To help our visitors understand business finance better, we have written hundreds of business credit card articles, business debit articles, fuel and gas card articles and prepaid business card articles. Bento provides business debit cards for small businesses, high growth companies and midsize companies that need significant control over their expenses and those that want to lessen their fraud risk.
Our goal is educating business owners on how to prevent fraud, how to control payments tightly and better manage expenses. Bento focuses on vertical industries like construction, accounting firms, relocation companies, non-profits, religious organizations, fleet companies, healthcare and a dozen more.
These articles cover many different types of credit and debit cards including prepaid business cards, refillable business cards, secured credit cards, fuel cards, commercial cards, corporate cards. Please see our other business debit card articles and business credit card articles. We offer many types of business debit and credit card reviews as well as look at what makes for the best business debit cards.
Credit cards are a major source of employee fraud and business debit cards can be used to control where debit cards can be used and how you can limit how much can be spent by an employee. We offer an extensive number of fraud articles including employee theft, church fraud, internal fraud and business fraud. Bento is a leader in virtual cards including ghost cards, procurement cards, purchasing cards and p-cards.
Business credit card articles
Business credit cards are used by business owners to cover expenses associated with the business. There are several types that include reloadable business credit cards, secured business credit cards. Both Visa and Mastercard offer business credit cards. Bento has over fifty total articles on business credit cards and you can learn how to find the best business cards, who uses them and how they can help prevent fraud and track expenses.
- Apply for a business credit card: What to know
- What to look for in the best business credit card
- The best business credit cards for startups
- Business credit card reviews – how to find the best business credit card
- An events credit card can make everything smoother
- How credit card articles can help your business
- Get a business credit card for small businesses
- What is a business credit card? Learn more about how they work
Business debit card articles
Business debit cards are used for company purchases and help control expenses. They offer extensive controls as to where employees can use the business debit card and let you set a maximum of how much can be spent daily, weekly or monthly. Globally 5% of all business revenue goes to fraud according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
- A debit business card helps to solve expense tracking issues
- How a debit card chip protects your business’s money
- Get a debit card for business to improve expense management
Commercial card and corporate card articles
Commercial cards and corporate cards are credit and debit cards that are used for business expenses by employees or by the business itself. They are frequently used for travel expenses, gas and fuel expenses and general corporate expenses. Companies typically have corporate card policies for the usage and the payments. Employees should know their company policies prior to using them. Learn more about how corporate cards work in this series of articles.
- Commercial cards: What are they and how do they work?
- A commercial credit card gives you precise spending control
- Commercial prepaid cards can help to better manage your expenses
- Corporate credit cards and corporate debit cards save your business time and money
- Corporate prepaid cards vs. corporate debit cards: What is the difference?
Church cards and religious organization credit cards
Credit cards and debit cards for religious organizations let you control the amount of spend and the venue where they can be used. Over $100M per year is stolen from religious organizations in the US and the incidence of church fraud is at an all-time high. Church cards are becoming an increasingly popular way to document expenses, lower fraud and control internal purchases. Bento offers church debit cards, synagogue debit cards and mosque debit cards among many others. You can also learn about upcoming church conferences and seminars for 2018 and 2019.
Business prepaid cards and reloadable prepaid cards
Business prepaid cards let you control employee spending by setting limits on where the card can be used and how much an employee can spend. They help document expenses and work with commercial accounting systems like QuickBooks. With prepaid cards and debit cards, there is usually no credit check. Reloadable Visa cards let you choose how much to fund the cards with. When you use the cards to make a purchase, the amount is subtracted from the money you have put on the card instead of deducting it from your checking account as with debit cards.
- Find the best prepaid Visa cards for businesses
- The best prepaid cards for business
- How pre paid reloadable cards can benefit businesses
- Pre paid debit cards are good solutions for businesses
Business Visa cards
Bento for Business offers a business Visa card that can be used for charging and tracking company expenses. The Bento for Business Visa® Debit Card is a business debit card that lets you choose how much money to place on it. You can give them to employees so that they can spend the money that you have placed on the card to purchase items for your business. Funds held within Bento are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. This is not a credit card and no credit check is performed.
- Business Visa cards can streamline your payment processing
- Buy a prepaid Visa online: It’s fast and easy to do
- A business Visa card can save your business both time and money
- How a debit Visa card benefits businesses
Small business debit cards and small business credit cards
There are over 28 million small businesses in the US and they are the largest job creators and contributors the US GDP. They contribute about half of the 17 Trillion dollar GDP for the United States. Many small businesses have business credit cards. Small business credit cards allow the business to make purchases on credit but can be abused by employees. Small business debit cards can help track expenses and control purchases more tightly.
Employee cards and tracking employee expenses
Employee cards and the Bento business Visa cards have a built-in control for how much and employee can spend and where they can spend money on business purchases. Learn how to track employee expenses with trackable prepaid business cards with Bento.
- Why using employee cards can help your business
- Pay cards for employees can handle business issues and hassles
Gas cards and fuel cards
Business debit cards can be used for gas and fuel expenses. With over 100,000 gas stations in the US, general business cards can be used to purchase fuel for fleets or individual employee automobiles.
- How a fleet card can help save your company money and time
- Gas debit cards can make expense tracking easier for businesses
- The right gas card deals can save businesses money
- A fuel debit card can transform your business
- A fuel card that can be used anywhere offers more benefits
Credit cards for accounting, staffing cards and event management credit cards
Bento prepaid cards support over twenty industry verticals which include accountants, churches and religious organizations, staffing companies, event planning company, healthcare, construction companies, non-profits and many others. Learn about prepaid debit cards for accounting firms and upcoming accounting conferences and seminars with these articles. These prepaid business cards offer the benefits of remote shut off using your mobile phone and extensively limiting employee purchases.
Questions and answers
Bento has compiled a set of answers to common business credit card questions and the most frequent business debit card questions. We receive hundreds of debit card questions annually from business owners, especially those running small businesses and high growth companies. Another hundred articles can be viewed on our educational articles page.
- Business credit card answers to your questions
- Business debit card answers – What to look for in a business debit card
Related content hubs
Bento content hubs are collections of detailed information typically 10 to 30 pages on a specific subject related to different types of debit cards, credit cards, and prepaid cards.
- Hub: Virtual credit cards and virtual debit cards
- Hub: Business debit cards
- Hub: Church credit cards and church debit cards
- Hub: Construction credit cards and construction debit cards
- Hub: Gas cards and fuel cards
- Hub: Small business cards
- Hub: Business fraud
- Hub: Non profit cards
- Hub: Questions and answers
- Hub: Company cards
- Hub: Accounting cards
- Hub: Expense management
- Hub: Reloadable debit cards
- Hub: Business Visa cards
- Hub: Virtual card API
- Hub: Bento content hubs