Control Spending by Your Rules
Maintain full control and visibility over how employees spend your money, while allowing them to access the funds they need for daily business expenditures. Bento’s simple yet powerful card controls prevent unauthorized purchases and could make a surprisingly big difference to your bottom line.
We realized savings almost immediately—nearly $30,000, in fact—in just the first six months of using Bento cards.Allison LopezCOO | Precision Facility Services
Set Spend Limits
Use Bento to control spending before it happens and make budgeting more predictable.
Reduce fraud, control your budget, and protect your company’s bottom line.
Setting spend limits gives you the power to manage your budget. Once you have the oversight you can allocate money to travel expenses, office supply purchases, and other common expense items, while keeping the rest of your budget free for future business investments.
- Business Owners and Admins can set limits on each individual employee or utility card in real time.
- Turn a card on or off at the click of a button.
- View all cards spend limits in your account on one page.
Choose When a Card Can Be Used
With Bento, you have the option of making an immediate payment or scheduling single or recurring payments on whatever schedule you require on the dates you choose.
Bento gives you the flexibility to establish spending governance policies.
Establish rules and guidelines that dictate activities or transactions where the Bento card should be used. In most cases, the spending should be limited to the needs of specific employees for certain tasks or travels. As a company, it’s good to inform each employee about the spending limits at the time of issuance.
- Enter a spend limit per period of time (e.g. day, week, month) or an “available until” date.
- Choose days of the week for when the card can be used — perfect for known expense that occur on particular days.
- Track all your business spending 24/7.
Designate Merchant Categories
With Bento you can create spend category limits that give you an easy way to set controls around where employees can use their cards.
Control and manage expenses by limiting purchases to specific categories
Using a card will only be successful if the employee makes a purchase at the designated merchant category. If your employee attempts to use the card at a different type of merchant, that transaction will be declined. You get peace of mind knowing that your funds are being used where you want and how you want them to be used.
- Easy controls
- Select categories for merchant types where each card can be used
- Expense categories serve as an organizational tool to your budget