Bento works to qualify every verifiable business owner and business. As required by our banking partners and in support of the USA PATRIOT Act*, Bento must verify that every applicant is a qualified individual (not a criminal or on the US government terrorist watch list) and a verifiable business. If you believe that you satisfy both of these requirements, here are some steps that you can take to validate that you are a legitimate business:
(1) . File your proper business paperwork with your city/county/state for your business entity, and have the following documentation ready:
- Sole Proprietorship or Partnership: Certificate of Assumed Name, Business License, and/or Registration of Trade Name
- LLC: Articles of Organization or Certificate of Formation
- Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
(2) . Establish a formal business location and provide proof of residence/physical presence at said location (utility bill, executed lease, bank statement, etc.). Once you can document that you are a verifiable business, please apply for Bento again or contact email@example.com.
* IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents.